We’re all about safety in the Transportation Department. Our bus drivers take care to provide students with a secure and positive experience, and they ask that all students follow the bus rules. We encourage you to review these rules with your child.
Our Bus Rules
Boarding the Bus
- When waiting for the bus, stand at least 10 feet from where the bus stops. Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before moving toward it.
- Walk to the bus (don’t run)—and please board on time.
Riding the Bus
- Find your seat quickly.
- Sit facing the front with your feet on the floor (keep your feet out of the aisles).
- Stay in your seat at all times.
- Keep your hands and other objects inside the bus.
- Do not throw things inside the bus.
- Keep the noise level to a minimum—no yelling, please.
- Only drink water on the bus (no food, gum, or beverages other than water).
Exiting the Bus
- Exit the bus slowly and safely.
- Always walk at least five feet in front of the bus if you have to cross the street.
- Look both ways before crossing.